Why guarding your email is one of our top priorities
itro mailsafe – keeping your email safe
Previously itro’s email filtering solutions were powered by MaxMail, however we believe it is no longer a premium solution suitable for your business.
We are pleased to announce our range of solutions (‘itro Mail Scan’) are now powered by MailGuard, an Australian business being hailed by Microsoft globally as “revolutionizing cybersecurity’ and by our Prime Minister, the Hon. Malcolm Turnbull MP, as having developed “world-leading cloud and email security”.
Pure cloud service = scalability, flexibility, simplicity
MailGuard is a fully-cloud based solution hosted on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, so you can be provisioned in minutes for immediate protection. There is no software to install, and no updates are required to maintain the highest levels of protection 24/7. Plus, the service is scalable to align with your changing business requirements.
MailGuard is seamlessly stackable with Office 365 and all other email platforms (from Gmail, to Zimbra, Hotmail to Exchange on-premise) to provide an added layer of specialized email security to reduce the impact of cybercrime on your business.
Intuitive, collaborative and proactive cybersecurity
- MailGuard is two to forty-eight hours ahead of its competitors in stopping targeted spear phishing, phishing and ransomware attacks. This early, first detection is business critical in a world where “one evil internet minute” delivers over 100,000 phishing emails and 1,214 ransomware attacks.
- It has a 99.997% catch rate and extraordinarily low false ‘positives’ (false alerts), saving you time and angst spent sifting through ‘capture’ notifications ‘just in case’ important emails are getting blocked.
- It is the market leader in thwarting zero-day attacks. MailGuard uses proprietary Hybrid AI (Artificial Intelligence) engines that identify threats embedded in nested attachments. The Hybrid AI engines are predicting, learning and anticipating new threats as they begin circulating – meaning threats are detected and blocked in real-time, before they reach your company’s perimeter.
- The Hybrid AI engines combine locally tuned rules with feeds from best practice antivirus security vendors around the world, protecting your mail from local and overseas attacks.
- It has a far higher SPAM detection success rate than MailMax (three SPAM failures per 100,000 messages compared to 1,000 per 100,000).
- MailGuard works – the customer experience speaks for itself. MailGuard is the world’s largest privately-owned email security company, with all technical and support staff based locally. MailGuard boasts a 99% user retention rate, and a 98% first call resolution rate.
How does MailGuard work?
detect – deter – respond
Content and context of mail packages are proactively scanned and filtered as they get delivered to your company’s email server, ensuring all mail is protected from malware, viruses, bots and unknown future variants (refer to below diagram) before being delivered to individual mailboxes.
MailGuard’s antispam and antivirus engines, and phishing and spear phishing fraud detection AI engines ensure every component of an email is clearly identified and qualified before it is delivered to inboxes.
Keeping your organisation in ‘safe hands’ remains a priority to itro. Our engineers will continue to test the effectiveness and currency of our security solutions to make sure you have the safest IT environment for your business and team. If at any time we find a better solution, we will let you know immediately.
If your email servers are still utilising an older itro email filtering solution, we strongly recommend you to contact us now and address this vulnerability in your IT defenses for just a few dollars per user per month!