Is your business secure from a cyber-attack?
Emails and Internet access are two key ways a network or device’s security can be compromised. itro has a number of data and network security solutions available which will limit your exposure to data and network threats, including:
- email filtering
- anti-virus and SPAM filtering
- monitoring internal Internet usage (downloads, website blocking, etc)
- data access restrictions based on employee roles
- install, maintain and upgrade network firewalls
- SSL certificates.
What can itro do for you?
Regular monitoring and updating of security hardware and software is required for any business wanting to maintain premium protection. itro’s engineers manage your security for you, alerting you to threats and proactively suggesting updates to protect your business.
itro has many security blogs to keep you informed about the latest cyber-attacks and email scams.
5 essential steps in protecting your business
Adopt these five effective measures and protect your Practice against malicious cyber-attacks:
1. Stop it from reaching your ‘front door’.
- Ransomware threats are often spread via email so use a Cloud-based email filtering service to detect the threat before it arrives at your network. itro MailSafe powered by MailGuard is our preferred Cloud-based Email Protection Service.
2. Don’t let it through your ‘front door’.
- Educate your team to be cautious about opening attachments and clicking on links. Remember, the Internet is a doorway to your systems and data!
- Have a firewall that supports deep level content inspection to prevent viruses from entering your network. Having a firewall is important but it always needs correct configuration. The right firewall correctly configured is a vital step in preventing the Trojan from penetrating your network.
3. Stop or slow down the spread if it gets into your network.
Good internal security practices can stop a CryptoLocker in its tracks and allow your IT team to deal with it early before it infects and encrypts your PC or, even worse, your entire network.
- Employ best practice password and internal security policies
- Engage a top-level Anti-Virus Security Suite, such as Webroot
- Along with Anti-Virus, adopt Malwarebytes an Anti-Malware program
4. Perform regular data backups.
- A secure Backup Solution is the last resort to recovering your files in the case of infection. Have a ‘snapshot’ backup that runs continuously throughout the day to a destination that is NOT on your internal network. itro’s ‘Secure Backup’ solution keeps your data securely in an off-site location ready for a speedy recovery.
5. Keep up with software updates.
For example, Windows 10 has numerous security improvements to the operating system that are not available in earlier versions of Windows. An effective device management solution is essential to ensuring your devices are patched and up to date. This is part of all itro Support Plans, starting from itro ‘Service Core’.
Call itro if you are unsure
Ransomware poses a significant and tangible threat to your business, but implementing the above five steps will minimise your likelihood of being infected with a CryptoLocker.
Call itro to ensure your business is safe from cyber attacks.