Connect With Us!
Great Tips From Acknowledging An Exposed Security Bug
One of the world’s leading Password Management businesses has reacted swiftly and conscientiously to an identified bug that exposed user credentials to malicious or compromised websites through a serious of actions.
They proactively look to protect their users, one by welcoming and incentivising alerts from ethical hackers and the security research community and by giving best practice tips on how to stay secure. Their 5 best tips released post-fix to increase user online security match itro’s recent post on ‘7 Tips for Keeping Your Mobile Devices Safe’ and are worth sharing:
- Beware of phishing attacks. Do not click on links from people you don’t know, or that seem out of character from your trusted contacts and companies.
- Always enable MFA for services like your bank, email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Adding additional layers of authentication remains the most effective way to protect your account.
- [If you have a master password]… Never reuse it and never disclose it to anyone! Anyone!
- Use different, unique passwords for every online account.
- Keep your computer malware-free by running antivirus with the latest detection patterns and keeping your software up-to-date.
Where Can I Find More Information?
If you’re lacking any of these best practice steps and would like to know what is a reasonable estimate to implement solutions across your business, please ring us on 1800 10 3000, or email us at [email protected]